National Sales Manager - Japan
ZURU Toys – Sales /
日本で拡大中です！We're Expanding in Japan! 🎉🚀
ZURU is on a mission to disrupt across industries, challenge the status quo and catalyst change through radical innovation and automation advances. This is in play in different pillars of the company: ZURU Toys are re-imagining what it means to play; ZURU Tech is shaping a better future by leading the next building revolution; ZURU Edge is pioneering new generation FMCG brands to better serve modern consumers.
Founded in 2003 by EY Entrepreneur of the Year and World Entrepreneur Hall of Fame brothers Nick and Mat Mowbray, ZURU has quickly grown to a team of over 5000 direct and indirect members across more than 30 international locations.
One of the largest toy companies in the world, globally recognised and award-winning brands include Bunch O Balloons, Mini Brands, XSHOT, Rainbocorns and Smashers. Our global FMCG brands include MONDAY Haircare, Rascal + Friends, NOOD, BONKERS, Gumi Yum Surprise and Dose & Co.
You will lead the sales and distribution expansion of ZURU brands in Japan. Responsible for all sales and marketing activities in the market, managing FOB direct-to-retail sales with the likes of TRU, Costco and Amazon, and establishing then growing ZURU’s sales within the wholesaler segment
How you will make an impact
You will leverage your deep market and industry knowledge and relationships to tailor an expansion strategy, opening new customers across the retail, e-commerce, distributor, and wholesaler channels to maximize ZURU’s sales.
Increase the distribution of ZURU’s brands in Japan
- Responsible for developing and executing strategic sales plans to achieve revenue targets and expand the customer in Japan.
- Create and execute go-to-market launches on existing and new products.
- Focus on placement of ZURU’s Big Bets and drive our Share of Shelf (SOS) and Share of Retailers Assets (SOA) within our platform accounts.
- Understand the key performance indicators for our key customers and develop Joint Business Plans for each strategic customer to achieve annual growth targets.
- Manage promotions and sell out to ensure profitability goals are met. Track customer POS and quickly react to change plans where required.
Collaborate with ZURU’s global commercial and marketing teams to win
- Develop and execute category plan with optimal product mix and marketing by partnering with ZURU’s New Zealand based commercial and marketing teams.
- Manage key stakeholder requirements reporting on all key metrics to ensure financial goals are on track; and present to the executive management team.
- Attending local and international trade fairs where relevant.
Skills & Experience required
- 7+ years’ experience in Toy or relevant Consumer Packaged Goods industry in Japan
- Native Japanese speaker, with excellent understanding of both written and spoken English
- Experience in tailoring Go-To-Market and expansion strategies for Japan, particularly in wholesale, is a strong plus.
At ZURU, we have cultivated a high-performing culture that encourages excellence. Our team works towards ambitious goals, learning, performing, and improving together, all while having fun. We empower talented individuals to do their best work every day.
At ZURU, you get out what you put in. You are responsible for driving your own career and we provide the platform to achieve it. As ZURU is on such a fast growth trajectory, there are opportunities here that you won’t find anywhere else.
We recognise that ZURU’s success stems from our people and you can only be at your best when you are looking after yourself. ZURU encourages all our team members to invest in their wellbeing by providing an array of benefits and tools.
ZURU – Tomorrow Reimagined