Global Marketing Manager - Toys
New Zealand, Auckland /
ZURU Toys – Brand Marketing /
🌍🚀 Join ZURU Toys as our Marketing Manager and Make Your Mark on the World Stage! 🚀🌍
Are you ready for an exhilarating opportunity to take the global marketing strategy of a dynamic and disruptive company to new heights? ZURU Toys, one of the fastest-growing companies globally, is seeking a passionate and driven Marketing Manager to join our innovative team. With this role based in Auckland, New Zealand, you'll have the unique chance to set the global marketing strategy while focusing on expanding our presence in international markets.
As our Global Marketing Manager, you will be at the forefront of driving our end-to-end insight marketing ownership. You will own and shape the communications and marketing strategy for our diverse portfolio across various platforms, including internal, trade, and consumer channels. We're looking for a motivated and energised marketer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is ready to make a lasting impact!
What you'll do:
- You will lead and support one of our major toy categories including interacting with all relative specialist teams, counterparts, licensing and leaders.
- Category, Consumer & Brand Insights Lead: Lead consumer insights to drive actionable execution, including competitor and category insights
- Global Asset Suite Owner: Take ownership of all brand assets and touch points, ensuring seamless collaboration with specialist creative and design teams, influencers, TikTok, and Meta teams. Approve product copy and maintain strong relationships with licensors
- Marketing Strategy & Communication: Develop and lead the global strategy for your portfolio, supporting local execution. Share updates showcasing our global brand strategy internally and externally. Lead Brains trust meetings to drive scalable insights for growth
- Pitching Decks & Preview Support: Collaborate with our commercial teams to deliver clear launch and support plans. Work closely with local sales and marketing teams to develop localised plans for key markets and accounts
- Activation Planning: Understand global rollout and launch plans to ensure timely asset delivery. Coordinate product teasers, pre-sell campaigns, releases, and rollout dates across the business
What you'll bring:
- Relevant years of experience in a brand marketing role (Ideally between 4-10 years)
- Demonstrated leadership ability, influencing cross-functional teams, and holding stakeholders accountable
- Exceptional multitasking skills with the ability to set priorities, and stay focused
- A go-getter mindset, fuelled by energy, creativity, good negotiation and influencing skills, resilience and a solutions-oriented approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation abilities
- Preferred experience and interest with collectible products
- You are reliable, mature, a self-starter, and you are unafraid to try, test, and have the determination to continuously improve
ZURU is a groundbreaking and rapidly growing company that started as a Kiwi grassroots start-up in 2003. Founded by brothers Nick and Mat Mowbray, winners of the New Zealand EY Entrepreneur of the Year award, ZURU has expanded its global footprint with over 5,000 team members across 30 locations. Initially revolutionising the toy industry, ZURU disrupted the market with automation and innovation, becoming a leading player worldwide. Our award-winning brands, including Bunch O Balloons, Mini Brands, XSHOT, Rainbocorns, and Smashers, have captured the imagination of children everywhere.
Building on our success, we ventured into consumer goods with ZURU Edge, redefining the FMCG industry with brands like MONDAY Haircare, Rascal + Friends, Dose & Co, NOOD, and Bonkers. We've also launched ZURU Tech, our ambitious moon shoot project, aiming to disrupt the construction industry with groundbreaking innovations. With over 600 engineers working across seven locations, ZURU Tech is pushing the boundaries of how the world builds.
Join ZURU and become part of our winning team driven by our continuous improvement mindset. Together, we will revolutionise the global marketing landscape and shape the future of play, consumer goods, and construction!
Ready to make a global impact? Apply now and unleash your marketing expertise with ZURU Toys!
At ZURU, we have cultivated a high-performing culture that encourages excellence. Our team works towards ambitious goals, learning, performing, and improving together, all while having fun. We empower talented individuals to do their best work every day.
At ZURU, you get out what you put in. You are responsible for driving your own career and we provide the platform to achieve it. As ZURU is on such a fast growth trajectory, there are opportunities here that you won’t find anywhere else.
We recognise that ZURU’s success stems from our people and you can only be at your best when you are looking after yourself. ZURU encourages all our team members to invest in their wellbeing by providing an array of benefits and tools.
WHAT WE OFFER
🌱 Culture for Growth
🧘 Health & Well Being Benefits (including an onsite 24/7 gym)
🌎 Global Opportunities
💡 Surrounded by an A Player Team
💰 Competitive Remuneration
🐶 Furry Office Friends
🍓 Lots of fresh fruit, coffee, pals fridge and more
ZURU – Tomorrow Reimagined 🚀