Global Marketing Manager
New Zealand, Auckland
ZURU Toys – Brand Marketing /
🚀 You're taking on the global stage with this Global Marketing Manager opportunity! 🚀
ZURU is on a mission to disrupt across industries, challenge the status quo and catalyst change through radical innovation and automation advances. This is in play in different pillars of the company: ZURU Toys are re-imagining what it means to play; ZURU Tech is shaping a better future by leading the next building revolution; ZURU Edge is pioneering new generation FMCG brands to better serve modern consumers.
Founded in 2003 by EY Entrepreneur of the Year and World Entrepreneur Hall of Fame brothers Nick and Mat Mowbray, ZURU has quickly grown to a team of over 5000 direct and indirect members across more than 30 international locations.
One of the largest toy companies in the world, globally recognised and award-winning brands include Bunch O Balloons, Mini Brands, XSHOT, Rainbocorns and Smashers. Our global FMCG brands include MONDAY Haircare, Rascal + Friends, NOOD, BONKERS, Gumi Yum Surprise and Dose & Co.
As our Global Marketing Manager for the Toys business, you will be at the forefront of driving our end-to-end insight marketing ownership. You will own and shape the communications and marketing strategy for our diverse portfolio of toys (existing across various platforms, heavy on Digital and including internal, trade, and consumer channels. We're looking for a motivated and energised marketer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is ready to make a lasting impact!
Marketing Strategy & Communication
- You will develop & lead the global strategy for your portfolio and support local execution across different markets
- Annual development of strategic communication frameworks
- Bi-Annual development of activation plans for roll out to local markets
- Understanding of Global Roll-Out and Launch plans to ensure on time asset delivery
- Ensure all product tease, pre-sell, release and rollout dates and assets are clear across the business.
- Development and ownership of brand guidelines and ensure adherence across the business.
- Championing your portfolio internally & externally including Global Brand updates, brand lead for Brainstrust meetings
- Local Market Direction& Scaling
- Communication of all global strategy and asset creation including retail execution to local marketing team
- Bi-Weekly pulses into Local Media activations and assist where we can scale up globally
- Gate keeper of what good looks like from a Local Marketing standpoint & driving collaboration.
Category, Consumer & Brand Insights
- Leader of consumer insights that drive actionable execution (i.e. Competitor & Category Insights) Including ownership of brand tracker, NPD research and ad hoc research projects as required by the business.
Global Asset Suite Owner (all brand assets and touch points)
- Media Assets
- Develop the overall content strategy developed & communicated for each brand (and new brand launches) including target, content pillars, channel mix, look and feel, personality and production guidance
- Brief core TVC deliverables to specialist content teams including lifestyle photography, TVCs, Influencer, other digital assets(e.g.app development) and social content including Focus items, timings, any new audience insights.
- Work with licensing team for marketing assets including content approvals (including direct liaison with licensors as required)
- Responsibility for updates to ZURU website Guide development and oversight of all content assets created, approve and disseminate to the wider business including local marketing teams.
- Provide brand & product proof points for PR and approve releases
- Global Asset Suite: Brief, oversee creation, and traffic all assets to ensure on-time delivery.
- Including oversight of images, videos and product copy written, proofed and uploaded
Pitching Decks & Preview Support
- Partner with Commercial teams to deliver clear launch and support plans internally and externally
- Work with local sales and marketing team on localised plans for key markets and accounts
- Management, guidance and coaching of direct team reports, including understanding & support of their own brand portfolio
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Relevant years of experience in a Brand Marketing role (Ideally between 3-8 years of solid Brand Management with a few years leading others)
- Leadership ability and influencing skills to motivate cross-functional teams and hold stakeholders accountable
- While this is a leadership role (we have a lean team and this role needs a hands on marketing professional)
- Someone unafraid to bring out creative ideas but also open to be rolling up their sleeves and be on the tools
- Ability to multi-task and be able to set priorities, stay focused, and set clear milestones
- A go-getter with energy, creativity, and determination to continuously improve and push boundaries
- Superior verbal and written communication skills as well as strong presentation skills
- Experience/Interest/Background with collectible products is preferred!
- You are excited to contribute to our office culture! (We are onsite, based in Freemans Bay)
ZURU is a groundbreaking and rapidly growing company that started as a Kiwi grassroots start-up in 2003. Founded by brothers Nick and Mat Mowbray, winners of the New Zealand EY Entrepreneur of the Year award, ZURU has expanded its global footprint with over 5,000 team members across 30 locations. Initially revolutionising the toy industry, ZURU disrupted the market with automation and innovation, becoming a leading player worldwide. Our award-winning brands, including Bunch O Balloons, Mini Brands, XSHOT, Rainbocorns, and Smashers, have captured the imagination of children everywhere.
Building on our success, we ventured into consumer goods with ZURU Edge, redefining the FMCG industry with brands like MONDAY Haircare, Rascal + Friends, Dose & Co, NOOD, and Bonkers. We've also launched ZURU Tech, our ambitious moon shoot project, aiming to disrupt the construction industry with groundbreaking innovations. With over 600 engineers working across seven locations, ZURU Tech is pushing the boundaries of how the world builds.
Join ZURU and become part of our winning team driven by our continuous improvement mindset. Together, we will revolutionise the global marketing landscape and shape the future of play, consumer goods, and construction!
Ready to make a global impact? Apply now and unleash your marketing expertise with ZURU Toys!
At ZURU, we have cultivated a high-performing culture that encourages excellence. Our team works towards ambitious goals, learning, performing, and improving together, all while having fun. We empower talented individuals to do their best work every day.
At ZURU, you get out what you put in. You are responsible for driving your own career and we provide the platform to achieve it. As ZURU is on such a fast growth trajectory, there are opportunities here that you won’t find anywhere else.
We recognise that ZURU’s success stems from our people and you can only be at your best when you are looking after yourself. ZURU encourages all our team members to invest in their wellbeing by providing an array of benefits and tools.
WHAT WE OFFER
🌱 Culture for Growth
🧘 Health & Well Being Benefits (including an onsite 24/7 gym)
🌎 Global Opportunities
💡 Surrounded by an A Player Team
💰 Competitive Remuneration
🐶 Furry Office Friends
🍓 Lots of fresh fruit, coffee, pals fridge and more
ZURU – Tomorrow Reimagined 🚀