Senior Business Operations and Planning Analyst/Manager
United States, Los Angeles
ZURU Toys – Sales Operations /
🌐 Seeking a Senior Business Operations and Planning Analyst/Manager based in El Segundo, LA. 🚀
ZURU is on a mission to disrupt across industries, challenge the status quo and catalyst change through radical innovation and automation advances. This is in play in different pillars of the company: ZURU Toys are re-imagining what it means to play; ZURU Tech is shaping a better future by leading the next building revolution; ZURU Edge is pioneering new generation FMCG brands to better serve modern consumers.
Founded in 2003 by EY Entrepreneur of the Year and World Entrepreneur Hall of Fame brothers Nick and Mat Mowbray, ZURU has quickly grown to a team of over 5000 direct and indirect members across more than 30 international locations.
One of the largest toy companies in the world, globally recognised and award-winning brands include Bunch O Balloons, Mini Brands, XSHOT, Rainbocorns and Smashers. Our global FMCG brands include MONDAY Haircare, Rascal + Friends, NOOD, BONKERS, Gumi Yum Surprise and Dose & Co.
As the Senior Business Operations and Planning Analyst/Manager at ZURU, you will be the driving force behind growth optimisation, leveraging your expertise in business analytics. Your role encompasses comprehensive data and financial analysis, customer-facing collaboration, and innovative solutions to streamline operations.
How you will make an impact
In this pivotal role, you will excel at delivering actionable insights through meticulous data analysis, enabling effective decision-making. Your financial acumen will guide the construction of Profit and Loss statements and identify strategic opportunities. Collaborating with cross-functional teams, you will play a key part in customer-facing interactions and support strategic initiatives, ensuring ZURU's continued success and market leadership.
Data and Financial Analysis
- Analytical support for retailer-level sales performance and proactive SKU management.
- Provide Weekly, Monthly, and seasonal Forecasts to drive growth and manage excess inventory.
- Maximize POS performance with in-stock management and End of Selling Period inventory transition.
- Analyze and summarize item/brand performance, publishing findings and insights.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports in response to business needs.
- Analyze product assortment and child-level performance for optimal product mix recommendations.
- Research, analyze, and publish relevant industry and market trends.
- Build and maintain Profit and Loss statements, analyzing revenue, cost, and margins by product, brand, class, and category for informed recommendations.
- Collaborate with Inventory/Demand Planners and Buyers for optimized inventory management.
- Engage with ZURU VP of Sales, Commercial, Marketing, and Operations for effective business alignment.
- Present sales, operations, and financial data to Retailer’s team during key meetings.
- Support Sales in Line Review, JBP, Forecasting, and Buyer’s meeting preparation.
- Address requests from Sales, Commercial, and Marketing teams regarding POS information.
- Assist in accurately preparing and distributing weekly/monthly POS reports, reviewing with specific sales teams for actionable insights.
- Identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and timely communication of business performance.
- Document key processes and best practices for sharing across teams.
- Map inefficiencies/waste, propose and implement scalable solutions.
- Deliver a key ZURU project driving impactful change annually.
Self-starter, thriving in a fast-paced and evolving business.
Analytical thinker, excelling in high-impact demand forecasting projects for better results.
Naturally curious, always seeking opportunities to innovate and improve.
Excellent communicator, synthesizing information for compelling storytelling.
Relentless, willing to roll up sleeves to ensure success.