United States, Los Angeles /
ZURU Tech – Product Development /
We are creating the world's first building information modeling application that is fully connected to an Industry 4.0 capable factory to manufacture any building. Our ¼ scale test production line proved its feasibility over the last five years.
We’re now looking for experienced Architects, Interior Designers, and Spatial Designers to work on our building project. As part of the Product Design Team, you will help control the quality of the experience in every ZURU building. Through an expansive set of algorithms, we will provide assistance in our BIM software with spatial design and limits to design choices. The goal is that all ZURU buildings are great buildings. You will help select interior and exterior design finishes tailored to all target cultures and countries but bound to the principle that good design is transparent and timeless. As an out-of-the-box thinker with a can-do attitude, you will work alongside a team of product development engineers to design a new generation of buildings. This is not a task for one person, so you will have a chance to build a team around you.
What You'll Do:
- Provide guidance to the product development team and software development team regarding architectural and spatial design. Develop algorithms and rules for room size, space layout, flow, user experience, view preservation, timeless, and sustainable design.
- Work on establishing, developing, documenting and implementing best-in-class design guidelines for architecture, interior design, spatial design, and product design.
- Develop exterior and interior finish palettes.
- Work with our industrial designers for new products and UX design.
- Coordinate with and consult other team members on product design, layout, detail components, and systems and resolve design or other problems.
- Use commonly used tools such as Revit or AutoCAD.
- Work alongside our product development team.
- Work with our prototyping and production department to validate designs, mock-ups, and test homes.
- Work alongside the code compliance team to design a product that can be used in all our target markets.
- Work with our software teams to develop our own software to design the best buildings possible.
What You'll Bring:
- Master’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Spatial Design, or a related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in a design-related role.
- Experience using 2D and 3D drawing software.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong focus on simplicity and usability.
- Willingness to travel is a plus.
- Please note: this is a full-time position in our Los Angeles office (El Segundo).
- Be sure to visit www.ZURU.tech to get a greater understanding of what we're building
- Then follow the link below and include a link to your portfolio as a part of your application. A PDF attachment of your portfolio is also acceptable.
At ZURU Tech we are innovating to change the way the world builds. Creating disruptive solutions for the construction industry, working with world-leading talent to apply the most advanced digital technologies to building processes. From design to manufacturing to construction, we’re looking for the driven and the brave to join us on our journey, helping to revolutionize how buildings are created at every stage of the process.
Could this be you? Whether you are a new graduate or an experienced professional, we are looking for passionate individuals with the X factor who are creative, self-starting and have the ability to think outside the box - come and build your future with ZURU Tech.