Senior Product Designer - Mobile
San Francisco, CA /
Full-time - Remote
Zyper helps brands connect with their fans, and fans connect with each other. Our founder Amber Atherton leveraged a brand community to grow and sell her online jewelry brand, and started Zyper to help other companies do the same. The team started in London in 2017, but quickly moved to Palo Alto to participate in Y Combinators’s Winter 2018 program. As brands like Lyft, Unilever, and Dior used Zyper to grow, the company attracted the attention of top investors like Forerunner Ventures and Talis Capital. Today, Zyper is a distributed team of 30 people. While our HQ is in San Francisco, our product and engineering team members live in Oakland, NYC, Colombia, Portugal, and Romania.
You’ll work on our Mobile Team, helping to build a thriving community connecting brands and fans.
We build native Android and iOS apps that thousands of people use to engage with their favorite brands. The apps are photo-heavy, and leverage Sendbird for real-time chat. Fans interact in the app, and earn rewards for sharing brand messages.
Most communities today come from top-down enterprise contracts, and onboarding has been high-touch. This year, we are experimenting with bottoms-up, self-serve access to communities. So, we need to rethink things like onboarding and viral loops.
This is an opportunity to:
- Flex your design superpowers and play a critical part in scaling our mobile product to help propel the company to Series B
- Join a fast-paced stable startup at the right time. You’ll be an early employee of a hard working team - set on our mission to create a technology layer that connects brands to their fans and helps foster community.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with a small team (3 engineers + 1 PM) as a full-time remote employee
- Participate in product planning sprints
- Collaborate with the community management team to understand fan needs and barriers to engagement
- Work with product and engineering to design and implement features
- Build and maintain a design system for Zyper (currently in Figma)
What we value:
- 4+ years as a product designer working on mobile
- A strong portfolio with social, community, or messaging designs
- Experience on a small software team with lots of ownership
- Excellent communication and writing ability
- Comfortable managing your own time and priorities
- Interest in learning new technologies and interpersonal skills
Some of our benefits:
- Global and remote friendly team
- Employer paid healthcare premiums (90%+)
- Vision and Dental
Note: A portfolio is required with your application.