DGA Campaign Digital Director Resume Bank 2021-2022
Various Gubernatorial Campaigns /
Campaigns – Resume Bank /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA) is searching for qualified digital director candidates for our Democratic gubernatorial campaigns across the country. Campaign structures will vary, but these positions will generally be senior-level staff overseeing their own departments with staff and consultants reporting to them. There are 38 governors’ races in the ‘21-’22 cycle. This is a generic job description, and the role will vary depending on the campaign. Applications submitted through this link are only for positions working directly on gubernatorial campaigns — not for any positions with the DGA in Washington, DC.
Expected salary range: Salary will vary considerably based on state fundraising and spending limits as well as the campaign’s size and structure, but will usually be $5,000-$9,000 a month
Timeline: There is a big range between campaigns, but we anticipate that most gubernatorial digital directors will be hired between Q3 2021 and Q1 2022. This posting will be taken down when campaigns are no longer searching for candidates.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage digital fundraising program, including email, direct-to-donate ads, and other revenue sources, in coordination with an outside firm.
- Oversee digital persuasion and mobilization program in coordination with an outside firm, thinking strategically about platforms and audiences to help build a winning coalition.
- Devise and execute digital messaging strategy to authentically convey candidate’s voice and message in coordination with communications and other departments.
- Build a digital organizing program to mobilize volunteers and get key constituencies out to vote.
- Manage digital tools and platforms, including social media, email list, peer-to-peer and broadcast texting, campaign website, etc.
- Recruit, identify, and manage vendors, consultants, and department staff.
- Measure and evaluate performance of digital fundraising, messaging, and organizing work, and use insights to drive decision-making.
- Develop and oversee the development of video, audio, and graphic content for campaign channels.
- Collaborate with other departments to support wider campaign goals.
- Monitor social media for relevant news and organic engagement opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ cycles (or 3+ years) of experience in digital on campaigns or at an organization.
- Experience working in a campaign environment, or similarly fast-paced and high-pressure workplace
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, email CRMs, texting platforms, and other digital tools
- Experience recruiting, identifying, and managing people well
- Ability to explain and advocate for digital best practices
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong writing skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Basic or better graphic design and video editing skills
- Understanding that campaign jobs are never 9-to-5
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds, and seeks the same for gubernatorial campaigns. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status. The DGA strongly encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply to this position.
The DGA may contact applicants to further discuss these roles, or may just pass their resumes along to campaigns.