Experienced Financial Software Associate
Somerville, MA /
Financial Software Consultant /
Galatea is looking for an experienced Financial Software Associate to join our growing team! We are at the center of the digital revolution in finance and are looking for strong engineers who want to be part of helping to build and improve key systems used by our Capital Market clients. As a Financial Software Associate you will define, architect, and build strategic systems that facilitate access to trillions of dollars worth of liquidity and capital around the world. You may also have the opportunity to do hands-on programming in this role. This is a perfect role for someone who enjoys leading projects and rolling up their sleeves to support their team’s work. Access to liquidity and capital makes an incredible difference in people's lives every day by allowing them to make contactless payments, get microcredit loans, buy houses, start small businesses, and more. As a Galatean, you will be a big part of that by providing a direct impact on streamlining these processes and making them more accessible to everyone!
A look into your first year on your client project:
Within the first few months of your first client engagement, you will:
- Learn about Galatea’s collaborative culture and values and become an active participant in discussions.
- Witness and learn about Galatea’s client-focused delivery approach and the ongoing value-add we provide to our clients everyday.
- Take ownership over increasingly complex design, analysis, planning, and software-related tasks while working towards independence on assignments.
- Begin to establish relationships with client contacts.
- Build an understanding of the finance topics relevant to your project.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Begin to mentor and lead 1-2 junior members of the team in all areas of project delivery.
- Expand your knowledge of functional and technical concepts beyond the specifics of your project.
- Participate in project planning discussions.
- Gain independence on assignments and become a master of Galatea’s best practices.
- Be seen as the ultimate problem solver on your team.
- Establish meaningful client relationships.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Increase your impact by challenging yourself to architect your own small applications or small pieces of larger applications.
- Be the go-to person for clients serving as a subject matter expert in many areas within your project.
- Share your financial and technical knowledge by contributing to internal Galatea training sessions.
- Become an essential contributor on your project and within Galatea by leading other Galateans through your excellent example!
- Accountable and Curious - You take responsibility and bring intellectual curiosity to all endeavors.
- Relationship Builder - You form relationships based on mutual respect, diversity of thought, and direct and open communication.
- Results Driven - You participate in and push for inclusive, team-based, client-focused delivery.
- Embrace uncertainty - You bring clarity and definition to uncertainty.
- Leader - You enjoy providing leadership and communicating project goals and timelines with stakeholders and your team.
- Problem Solver - You are a problem solver first and a software engineer second. You thrive in finding solutions when challenged with the organizational silos of our large clients.
- Client Manager - You delight your clients and form productive long-standing relationships.
- Business Focused - You don’t just think of yourself as an engineer who is told what to build. You are focused on solving the client’s underlying business problem.
- Technology Agnostic - You are a technical polyglot who embraces the diverse set of technologies used by our clients.
Headquartered in Somerville, MA and with branch offices in Tampa Bay, Durham, and London, Galatea Associates is a highly-focused software consulting firm that specializes in providing bespoke technical solutions to capital markets firms. At Galatea, our Associates know both the business and the IT infrastructure of our clients’ operations and we are uniquely positioned to help bridge the communication gap between the internal business and technical teams for our clients. Our clients call on us to collaborate with them throughout the entirety of project life cycles and we assist them in overcoming whatever challenges they encounter.
Our strengths have always been in our people and our core focus is on providing a collaborative environment with highly engaged employees while maintaining impactful delivery to our clients. We strive to provide transparency into our internal operations and include ideas and feedback from Galateans as company decisions are made. Our ambitions are high and our people help us to attain our goals year after year!
Benefits you’ll Love:
- A positive and collaborative team-based environment.
- Ability to work with different clients, technologies, and projects while maintaining the stability of knowing and trusting your employer.
- Interesting Wall Street work within a fun and casual environment.
- Weekly employer-sponsored catered training lunches and frequent happy hours.
- Snacks, snacks and more snacks! We keep our office fully stocked.
Additional Item to Note:
Due to the strong collaborative nature of our culture, this role will be a hybrid model requiring three ‘core’ (Tues/Wed/Thurs) in office days and two ‘flex’ (Mon/Fri) optional work from home days.
The future is bright at Galatea and we are looking forward to finding the perfect candidate to join our team and help us continue to grow and innovate! We look forward to speaking with you more about this opportunity.