Special Education Teacher
Los Angeles, CA
Teaching: 24-25 School Year – Special Education /
Full-Time 2024-2025 School Year
Who We Are
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is a nonprofit organization that operates 23 tuition-free, open-enrollment charter public schools, within 20 Local Education Agencies (LEA), educating more than 10,000 students and supporting 6,800 alumni to and through college and beyond.
What We Believe
KIPP SoCal believes that the purpose of education is for liberation. This means that we see, develop, and inspire the limitless potential in each and all of our KIPPsters.
What We Do
At KIPP SoCal we build trusting relationships that are strengthened by high expectations and collaboration alongside laughter and joy. We set ambitious goals and hold each other accountable for students achieving their greatest potential. We work together with each other and in partnership with families and communities in the active pursuit of a more equitable world. We do the right thing, even when it's not always comfortable standing up and speaking out against anti-blackness, racism, oppression, and injustice. We persevere through obstacles and treat failure as an opportunity to learn and grow.
You Should Apply If
You love building lasting relationships with students, creating inspiring and engaging lessons, and growing as an educator and a teammate.
What You'll Do
- Teach the knowledge and skills, nurture the confidence and character, and inspire the passion needed for our students to achieve their goals, live their best lives, and positively impact the world
- Value and draw upon students’ experiences and backgrounds
- Provide individualized instruction and support to students with special needs
- Support general education teachers and administrators by developing related goals and objectives and recommending policies, planning, and implementation strategies to meet the needs of students with IEPs
- Analyze informal and formal student assessment results and use this information to drive and inform instruction
- Manage compliance of accommodations and modifications for students with IEPs in the general education classroom and during Special Education service time
- Provide accommodated testing conditions for classroom and standardized testing; administer academic assessments
- Develop and implement appropriate behavior management techniques to create a nurturing and structured classroom environment
- Ensure student achievement and progress towards IEP goals and complete progress reports in accordance with district guidelines
- Create and maintain Special Education documentation as required by federal, state, and district regulations
- Complete other duties/projects assigned by Director of Special Education
- Communicate and collaborate professionally with teammates, parents, and community members
- Maintain high expectations for students academic achievement and conduct
You'll Be Qualified If You Have
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Passing score on the California Basic Skills Test (CBEST) or basic skills equivalency
- Valid preliminary or CLEAR Education Specialist Credential teaching credential (strong preference but not required)
Joining KIPP SoCal Means the Following
- Working at an organization committed to the hard work necessary to ensure education is for liberation
- Spending time with students and families in the best communities of LA, Compton, and San Diego
- Support and care from fellow teachers, administrators, and regional team members
- Ongoing professional development and coaching from a school site manager
- Creation of an individualized credentialing plan with top-notch support from our dedicated Talent Team
Benefits & Compensation
- Very competitive and transparent compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of the cost
- Employer paid KIPP SoCal life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP SoCal
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, Pet Insurance, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays and sick leave
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, etc.)
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.