Community Outreach Specialist (Massachusetts)
Massachusetts (remote, anywhere in state)
Business Development /
FT (Remote Ok) /
Marigold Health is looking for a Community Outreach Specialist to join our Community Outreach and Engagement team! The Outreach Specialist will work in the community to help enroll new members in the Marigold peer services platform and partner with local providers and community leaders. You will use a variety of ways to connect with potential members such as text messaging (SMS) campaigns, visits to local provider locations, and attending community events. You should apply if you consider yourself to be outgoing and are passionate about mental health and substance use recovery.
What You'll Do
- Schedule and attend visits at our provider partner sites, various community events and community locations such as inpatient treatment centers, methadone clinics, libraries, police stations, and health fairs
- Share information about Marigold Health’s peer recovery services and help people download our app and start receiving the services
- Reach out to potential members via text (SMS) message, cold calls, or mail
- Spread Marigold Health’s mission to put a Peer in the pocket of every person who needs it
- Support the relationship between Marigold and our provider partners
- Work towards targets and goals set by our contracts
What You Have
- 2-3 years of experience in a community outreach role or in healthcare sales
- Ability to get a read on a person and make them feel comfortable
- Self-starter: you can work independently to get things done, even when it gets busy
- You’re working toward becoming a Certified Peer Support Specialist or Recovery coach certification in MA or already are one
- You can speak and write confidently, making sure everyone understands what you’re saying
- Willingness and comfort travelling about 75% of the time to various places
- You’re willing to adjust your schedule to meet people at times when our sites are busiest
- Comfort with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Calendar
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work with short timelines
- You can think critically and find solutions to challenges
- You thrive in a dynamic and exciting environment, working towards an important mission
...And it would be nice if you have:
- Experience working in healthcare
- Knowledge of peer services or recovery coaching
- Experience with using technology to improve healthcare
Reporting, Compensation and Benefits
- You will report to Matt, our VP of Operations
- This is a full-time, exempt, salaried role
- The base salary for this role will be $50,000 - $63,000 with opportunity for monthly bonuses
- Accrual of 20 days of PTO
- 9 days of sick time
- 7 paid company holidays and 2 floating holidays
- Company-paid health insurance premiums and 65% coverage of premiums for any dependents
$50,000 - $63,000 a year
More About Marigold Health
Marigold Health is an early-stage, rapidly growing startup providing services for a range of community-based mental health and substance use treatment providers as well as for managed care organizations. We collaborate with eminent investigators at Brown University and Johns Hopkins and have been publicly recognized by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the American Psychiatric Association.
Our core values are authenticity, candor, and ambition.
Regular travel to partner clinics is a significant part of this role. Staff traveling to partner clinics will also need to abide by COVID-19 safety policies at these facilities.
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). We must have diversity on our team and in our mindsets to be successful in moving the needle on the deeply entrenched and systematic challenges we face.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.