Technical SEO Manager
At Seer, we pride ourselves on innovation; standing out among the rest and enabling our clients to do the same. We're a Digital Marketing Agency powered by Big Data to drive integrated, holistic strategy for our clients. We get excited at the thought of bringing together millions of data points from disparate data sets (including qualitative!) to drive empathy-fueled opportunities and insights at scale. Big Data, automation, and problem solving at scale: it's what's for breakfast. Could this be love? Maybe.
Screaming Frog is your best friend and it’s likely that you’ve been known to talk about hreflang over happy hour. You’re not necessarily a developer, but you can make your way through HTML and are able to communicate technical recommendations and implementation requirements at all levels of understanding.
For you, technical site audits are like treasure hunts, and you are always ready to start digging. You possess the attention to detail to uncover the subtlest of site issues and the flexibility to handle disruption or engineering push back with aplomb. You will work on multiple client projects, advising clients and colleagues on architecture best practices and helping to troubleshoot technical issues with a “hands-on,” personal touch that Seer is known for.
- 3-5 years of experience in SEO
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage competing deadlines
- Technical SEO expertise (Canonicalization, Sitemaps, Crawl Budget etc.)
- Deep level of experience with Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl and other, similar tools
- Technical SEO Audit experience on sites of all sizes
- Experience working on enterprise-level sites, including e-commerce and international sites
- Ability to recognize common technical issues and explain their solutions coherently in plain speak, ensuring that clients and teammates understand the recommendations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues on sites with tens of thousands to over 1 million pages
- Ability to research technical issues and make actionable and well-informed recommendations based on your findings
- Comfortable retrieving and analyzing data from Google and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, look-up function and conditional functions)
- Client-facing, agency experience? Awesome!
- Experience analyzing server logs
- Experience with site migrations
- CMS familiarity (Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla!, Sitecore, Shopify, Adobe Experience Manager)
- Server log analysis experience (Splunk, SF Log File Analyser)
- Google Analytics IQ and Google Ads certified? Let's talk!
Not ready to apply but want to keep in touch? Stay connected via our monthly Career Update newsletter! We'll share curated content on Seer, open roles, industry insights, career advice, events you don't want to miss, and more (!!!) so you never miss a beat.
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here-- you are welcome. If you read this job description with a belly full of excitement, we’re just as excited about you. You’ve gotta apply though :)