People Operations Coordinator / Office Manager - Falls Church, VA
Falls Church, VA /
People & Operations – Recruiting /
Viget is a digital agency that has been making software products and websites for clients since 1999. We’re a stable, independent small business, led by our two co-founders (who are brothers) and a nearly 75-person team of creative, collaborative, positive people who care about our vibrant company culture and healthy work/life balance. We work from four sweet offices (hybrid) and remote locations throughout the U.S., and utilize a proven cadence of virtual and in-person meetings and retreats to build comradery and stay connected. We love our team.
We are looking for a proactive, organized, and professional problem-solver to join the People Operations Team at our Falls Church, VA headquarters. Responsibilities include those usually associated with office management, plus supporting virtual experiences, welcoming new hires, coordinating in-office events, and whatever else comes up. No two days are alike, and there is no limit to the ways you can help make Viget awesome.
- Are an authentic “people person.” You thrive on interacting with coworkers, clients, job candidates, and guests in a genuine way.
- Get things done. You’re organized and detail-oriented. You find satisfaction in juggling recurring daily tasks with ongoing projects.
- Are trustworthy with confidential information, reliable in terms of deadlines, and dependable to your peers. You do what you say you’ll do.
- Are proactive – with confidence, optimism, and energy, you step up to challenges and solve problems before others even notice them.
- Are helpful and service-oriented by nature. You enjoy helping others whenever and however you can.
- Enjoy research assignments. You’re good at digging into a topic, summarizing options, and making recommendations on the best way to proceed.
- Like learning new skills and are excited about Viget’s focus on lifelong learning and career development.
- Have an excellent command of the English language when you speak and write.
- Are a proficient web user, comfortable with web-based software tools such as Gmail, Google Docs, and Slack. You also know your way around a spreadsheet.
- Have an interest in the creative tech industry, a passion for Viget’s core values, and would be excited to support us in delivering great work to our clients.
- Help employees feel as connected and supported as possible. We are a hybrid company with multiple vibrant offices and remote employees across the country. This position is office-based in Falls Church, VA.
Manage daily responsibilities, including:
- Move through the office with an eye on improving the space in both practical and creative ways.
- Support our other offices with anything that can be managed remotely.
- Set up for meetings, greet visitors, make phone calls, accept deliveries, and distribute mail.
- Empty the dishwasher, resupply office snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Be a visible, active, social part of the company culture — in person and over Slack – someone peers find approachable and helpful.
Manage weekly responsibilities, such as:
- Organize and order team- and office-wide lunches.
- Coordinate the content collection and editing of our internal weekly newsletter using a Google Doc template.
- Configure the room and tech set-up for routine staff meetings.
- Proactively and consistently keep plants, storage closets, and collaborative spaces in good care and order.
Manage quarterly and ad-hoc responsibilities, such as:
- Support our Senior Employee Engagement Manager in the research, planning, and execution of quarterly company team-building events and happy hours.
- Help host industry-related community events in our office.
- Respond to travel requests by doing research, getting approvals, and booking flights and hotels.
- Dive into special projects, ranging from holiday gift planning to overhauling the decor in a conference room.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Proficient with web-based tools like Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, etc.
- A somewhat flexible schedule to accommodate early mornings or late evenings a few times per month. Normal hours M-F would be roughly 8:30 am - 5:00 pm ET in-person in our Falls Church, VA office.
- A valid driver’s license and consistent access to a car for errands (non-commute mileage can be reimbursed).
Everyone at Viget
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning.
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating with teammates and clients.
- Believes in and supports our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive company.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual base salary of $50,000 - $80,000 per year depending on skills and experience
- Additional comp available via spot performance bonuses, sales referrals, and new hire referrals
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 4%
- 100% company-paid health and dental coverage for you and your family
- Stipends for wellness (apps, gyms, etc.) and connectivity (mobile phone or home internet)
- 15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), 9 paid holidays, and 2 community service days per year
- Up to $2,000/year in conference and training (professional development) budget
- Before you apply, we encourage you to take the time to get inspired by descriptions of our former Office Managers, Khanh, and Aubrey, who moved into different roles at Viget. Here are some blog posts to give you a general sense of our culture, our values, and the job.
How to Apply:
Introduce yourself using this application form.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications and are actively seeking people from underrepresented groups to join our team.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about us on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email email@example.com.